visit in the philippines from australia

by cherry
(caloocan city)

If someone visit here in Philippines from Australia and stay here for 34 days, does he need a visa to stay for 34 days?
Comment by Brett

Hi Cherry,

If he is an Australian citizen, holding an Australian passport, then he is automatically allowed a stay on arrival of up to 21 days.

If you would like to stay in the Philippines beyond 21 days, he then has to apply for a Philippine Visa up to 59 days which is what he will need to do. Beyond 59 days requires another Philippine Visa extension.

He can either apply for the extension for up to 59 days, for his Philippine Visa, in Australia or apply when he is in the Philippines. It would be easier for him to apply in Australia rather than wasting holiday time in the Philippines.

If he does get the extension in Australia, make sure he shows the visa to Philippines Customs/Immigration on arrival as he enters the Philippines, otherwise they will automatically issue him with 21 days.

Also remember his Australian passport must have at least six (6) months currency beyond his proposed stay in the Philippines.

You can read more about it here. This should give you all the information you need.

If not just ask a specific question?

Good luck!


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Travel Guide Questions.

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.