I have a four year old U.S. citizen nephew (on my wife’s side) born here in Illinois but now living in the Philippines since 2006.

His mom is now a U.S. citizen that lives in Sacramento, CA and the dad still lives in the Philippines.

The dad, my brother-in-law, is being petitioned right now by his wife which is my four year old nephew’s mom (on my wife’s side, her sister-in-law).

My mother-in-law, the grandmother, flew to the Philippines to bring back my nephew here in the states with the permission of both parents. My nephew has overstayed his welcome in the Philippines.

Does he have dual citizenship during the time that he was born, that both of his parents were Filipino citizens and his dad still is?

What is the process of my mother-in-law to bring back my nephew here to the states?

What kind of forms do they need to present it to the Philippines Immigration or the U.S. Embassy there? Do they need to pay for my nephew’s overstay in the Philippines?

Those are questions that I would hope to hear back from you.

Thank you for the time to read this and to hopefully reply back.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Travel Guide Questions.

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.