Pinangat na gabi
My fave dish...
2 gabi stems and leaves
1/2 cup dried fish, boiled and flaked
1/2 kilo cooked pork, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup bagoong alamang(shrimp paste in english)
2/3 cup green onions, finely cut
2 pcs sili(labuyo)
1 1/2 cups pure coconut milk
1 1/2 cups coconut milk(2nd extract)
* String stems and cut 2" lengths
* Wash leaves.
* Mix pork, fish, 3 tablespoons shrimp paste, garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, sili and green onions.
* Add pure coconut milk.
* Pile 4 leaves together and put 3 tablespoons of the mixture.
* Wrap and tie.
* Repeat the same procedure with the rest of the ingredients.
* Arrange in kettle together with the stems and pour second extraction of coconut milk.
* Season with remaining shrimp paste.
* Add one teaspoon ginger.
* Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 hours.
From my blog: http://www.yumyumfoodrecipes.com/2011/05/pinangat-na-gabi.html